Third partition on Flash device?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Third partition on Flash device?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rixon 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rixon

Hello! I’ve got ZeroShell to boot a few times, and I’m excited to start using it.

I wanted to try using the newest version (beta11), but all the CF images have been for 1GB devices since beta8. I went ahead and dumped the image onto a 512MB device, and it boots up okay.

With the smaller device, the system does boot up and it seems to run okay. sda1 and sda2 are mounted. sda3 is not mounted… is this normal? When does it normally mount?

I attempted to mount sda3 to mpoint to inspect it. It looks as though there is nothing in there. fsck gives lots of errors on sda3, because many inodes point to sectors which don’t exist (everything >512mb.)

If sda3 is normally empty at initial install, I think I’m going to try and just recreate the partition with fdisk. It looks like it should be ext3 fs type. Are there any other parts of the system that expect this filesystem to be a certain size?

Thanks for all the great work on ZeroShell!

-Paul

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The last partition is needed to store the configuration profile if you dot use an external device. Now, by using a 512MB CompactFlash you have corrupted the default profile and what you need to do to solve the issue is to remove the corrupted partition, create it again, create a new profile and then activate it.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.