The partition is full after a few days.PROBLEM

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell The partition is full after a few days.PROBLEM

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Yhoni 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #43802

    Yhoni
    Member

    Hi, I have a problem with the RC2 version, the problem is that I filled the partition where I keep the profile after a while. When finished configuring the profile and occupies 22% after one month is 100% and I no longer have the ability to modify the settings and sometimes I can not access the webinterface.

    How I can free up space and keep refilling the partition?.

    Thank you.

    #53024

    reaperz
    Member

    If you can access the web interface, then:

    1. make a backup of your profile (logs excluded).
    2. create new partition ext3 in the space that is available (assuming this is hard disk, you have tens of gigs free space).
    3. restore profile to newly created big partition.
    4. activate new profile.

    done!

    Now you have lotsa free space. If needed, you can configure some log rotation:

    “Delete the oldest logs”
    “Compress the oldest logs”

    #53025

    Yhoni
    Member

    @reaperz wrote:

    If you can access the web interface, then:

    1. make a backup of your profile (logs excluded).
    2. create new partition ext3 in the space that is available (assuming this is hard disk, you have tens of gigs free space).
    3. restore profile to newly created big partition.
    4. activate new profile.

    done!

    Now you have lotsa free space. If needed, you can configure some log rotation:

    “Delete the oldest logs”
    “Compress the oldest logs”

    Ok friend, thanks for your help.

    Is there another solution without having to create a new partition?
    Is it possible to delete the logs without causing system instability?

    Thank you.

    #53026

    DrmCa
    Participant

    You can try to reduce amount of log data by turning off logs that you don’t need.

    #53027

    Yhoni
    Member

    @drmca wrote:

    You can try to reduce amount of log data by turning off logs that you don’t need.

    Where can I turning off logs? I should use the shell ? .

    Mi config:

    Used storage space: 122M (100%)

    x Compress the oldest logs Threshold 60 %
    x Delete the oldest logs Threshold 85%
    x Stop to log (this option is always active) Threshold %

    How can I delete all the logs and free up space? .

    Thank you very much.

    #53028

    redfive
    Participant

    Hi , all logs are in /Database/LOG/ , eg. you could go in /Database/LOG/ ,

    cd /Database/LOG/

    then

    rm -fr 2013

    should erase all 2013’s log ….without any warranty in case of damage/failure 😆
    greetings

    #53029

    Yhoni
    Member

    @redfive wrote:

    Hi , all logs are in /Database/LOG/ , eg. you could go in /Database/LOG/ ,

    cd /Database/LOG/

    then

    rm -fr 2013

    should erase all 2013’s log ….without any warranty in case of damage/failure 😆
    greetings

    The folder “2013” is not weight into “/Database/LOG”:

    root@zeroshell LOG> du -hlsc 2013
    58K 2013
    58K total

    and:

    root@zeroshell LOG> du -h 2013
    1.0K 2013/Sep
    2.0K 2013/Dec/25/zeroshell
    3.0K 2013/Dec/25
    2.0K 2013/Dec/23/zeroshell
    3.0K 2013/Dec/23
    1.0K 2013/Dec/13
    2.0K 2013/Dec/24/zeroshell
    3.0K 2013/Dec/24
    2.0K 2013/Dec/22/zeroshell
    3.0K 2013/Dec/22
    6.0K 2013/Dec/12/zeroshell
    7.0K 2013/Dec/12
    28K 2013/Dec/11/zeroshell
    29K 2013/Dec/11
    50K 2013/Dec
    1.0K 2013/Oct
    1.0K 2013/Aug
    1.0K 2013/Nov
    1.0K 2013/Jun
    1.0K 2013/May
    1.0K 2013/Jul
    58K 2013

    where are the 122 megabytes occupied? 🙁

    Zeroshell have other folder “/ DB/_DB.001 /”, “/ DB/_DB.002 / “. What is stored in the folders “/ DB/_DB.001 /” / DB/_DB.002 / ” ?

    Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.