Thank you Fulvio!

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Thank you Fulvio!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  captainbelgium 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

It may be said. All the time, i was trying to get pfSense to work but it didn’t recognize all nic’s, it wouldn’t boot properly etc…

Then, I look for another free router distro with multi-wan capability and traffic shaping and come accross ZeroShell. Never heard of it, gave it a try and it worked wonderfully from the first minute (when it didn’t work, it was because of my stupid human errors) :-).

All necessary configuration steps are nicely explained in a PDF (zeroshellEN.pdf) i found on this site.

Therefore i say, thank you Fulvio for this wonderful piece of software! πŸ˜€

And to make this topic credible enough: a few suggestions for even further improvement.

– an extensive manual explaining how to achieve specific user-case scenarios, like for example , in the case of multi-wan, how to redirect all outgoing traffic to a specific url thru one specific gateway (URL, not ip!), like having all outbound traffic to *.comcast.net going out thru the comcast gateway.

– Much more graphical presentation of all statistics, load distribution, uptime, netbalancer logs, etc. And i am saying this because i have played around a lot with pfSense and a lot of nice graphs really is a nice gimmick. πŸ˜‰

and to conclude, what i really like:
    – the L4 and L7 filter capabilities for QOS and netbalancing rules ❗
    – the weight option for netbalancing
    – the captive portal can be enabled on a wired interface πŸ™‚ (not tested yet)
    – the transparent proxy feature looks really neat too (not tested yet)
    – the config being kept in a database (i have it on usb-stick) and the possibility to simply download it as a file for backup. Really simple but really handy!

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Many thanks.
    Your post is very nice.
    At least the graphic statistics for load balancing, traffic shaping and cpu load will arrive in a few days.

Regards
    Fulvio

ahorn

hello Fulvio

thank you for your work. It helps me to increase the internet security.
    I love the transp. proxy with clamav and the stability. QOS works great and the user-interface is manageable.

How can I contribute your work?

thanx ahorn

imported_fulvio
    Participant

At the moment the best solution to contribute is to write the documentation. If you describe your experience with Zeroshell on a web page or pdf file I would be happy to link it from the documentaion page.

Thanks
    Fulvio

ahorn

hello Fulvio
    I have a good basic knowledge of networks. Because of the layout of the GUI it was simple to configure zeroshell. Sometimes it was a little bit tricky but after the 3rd install/config etc. I had a stable transp. proxy with clamav. The documentation was sufficient. (http://digidownload.libero.it/smasherdevourer/schede/linux/zeroshellEN.pdf). Then I tested QOS etc. When I had probs I used a backup of my stable zeroshell-config.
    It works for me “out of the box”and I love it. I forget to say the wireless functions of zeroshell are also great … aah und it works also out of the box with a UMTS-USB

Your work is brilliant 😯

I would like to write a doc for updating clamav πŸ™„

but at the moment I am not able to. I donΒ΄t know HOW

Now I am testing a combination of pfsense/m0n0wall + zeroshell.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Could you write a document about your test on these 3 router distro?

Bye
    Fulvio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.