Static Route dont come UP after fault

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Static Route dont come UP after fault

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Tysonpower 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tysonpower

Hello, i have two zeroshell boxes to bond two DSL Lines.

My Problem is that one of the two links faults every 2-3 hours and the static Route to the Bond interface stays down even when the Interface is back on.

Her my configuration:

ZS Box — DSL1 — VPN — Datacenter ZS Box
    — DSL2 — VPN —

Static Routes:

ID Destination Gateway
    1 DatacenterIP1 DSL1
    2 DatacenterIP2 DSL2
    3 DEFAULT GW BOND

Netbalancer:

name Interface/IP weight
    DSL1 ETH01 1
    DSL2 ETH00 1
    BOND BONd GW 99

Bond Interface = VPN00(DSL1) + VPN01(DSL2) in Weighted Load Balancing and Failover

So when DSL2 has lost his link, Route 2 is down. That is right.Route 3 is also down but after DSL2 and route 2 are up again, route 3 is remaining Down for ever.
    At this State i can ping between the boxes but any traffic from the lan dont go out to the Internet because the Default gateway is Down.
    When i set the Gateway to any other ip, and then change it back to the Bond Gateway, everything is working fine again and it stays Up.

I Think this is a Bug because it dont recognize that the Bond gateway is working again.

I hope that anyone has a fix for that because its very annoying.

Greetings from germany

redfive
    Participant

What Zs version are you using ? As far as I remember, I’ve seen this ‘incorrect’ behavior with static routes ‘lost’ some releases ago, I had done a little script, in cron-job, which was executed every 2 min or so, my remote network was 192.168.196.0/24, while the inner remote vpn’s ip address was 10.10.10.2

# Bash script: add_route_vpn-Cron
    if route -n | grep '^192.168.196.0' ; then
    exit ;
    else
    if ping -q -c 1 10.10.10.2; then
    route add -net 192.168.196.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 10.10.10.2 metric 1 ;
    fi
    fi

Regards

Tysonpower

Oh Sorry i forget to mention my ZS Versions.

Both ends are Using the newest Version of ZS (3.3.1) with 64bit Kernel (ID 49030) and Firmware update (ID 40300).

So that is a bug even in the newest version and not only in older releases.

Is your script also functioning in the newest release?

When yes than i will try it to solve this problem. I hope it solve my Problem.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.