static ip addresses to vpn clients l2tp

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell static ip addresses to vpn clients l2tp

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  vpn_rollercoaster 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I searched the forum but couldn’t find anything on this so I hope I’m not repeating with this post.

How do you assign static IP addresses based on username/password authentication? Either via radius or Kerberos 5 ? Users?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The IP address assigned to a L2TP VPN road warrior is decided by the RADIUS server that uses the script /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/pppIP to understand what is the next available IP. You could just change this script to obtain your purpose.

Regards
    Fulvio

@fulvio wrote:

The IP address assigned to a L2TP VPN road warrior is decided by the RADIUS server that uses the script /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/pppIP to understand what is the next available IP. You could just change this script to obtain your purpose.

Regards
    Fulvio

I think I misunderstood the question. I want to enable the vpn client to specify their own IP address.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Zeroshell provides automatically IP assignment to L2TP/IPSec clients. These can overrides the suggested IP with one manually specified. How to specify an IP depend on the particular VPN implementation.

Regards
    Fulvio

Thank you. I have it configured properly now for static IP address.

malick

@vpn_rollercoaster wrote:

I searched the forum but couldn’t find anything on this so I hope I’m not repeating with this post.

How do you assign static IP addresses based on username/password authentication? Either via radius or Kerberos 5 ? Users?

i think my dear you did spend your enough time for searching the solution because in just 10 mints i got the solution in cisco website it is briefly describe that how can you assign static IP addresses to VPN Clients, look at here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/9261/how-assign-static-ip-addresses-vpn-clients

and further more if you are searching or willing to know about the static or dedicated ip vpn service provider, then here is a brief solution of it, https://www.vpnranks.com/dedicated-ip-vpn/

I think the above mentioned resources are good enough for the solution.

onega

static IP to PPTP VPN accounts:

1. connect to zeroshell with SSH
    2. create folder Database on HDD root
    3. copy original configuration files from /etc/ppp/ to new folder ( Database )
    4. edit file Database/chap-secrets (input VPN accounts, and static IP for users) with “vi”
    5 edit Database/options.pptpd , disable “Radius-Plugin”
    format of chap-secrets:
    login service password IP
    example chap-secrets:
    user1name pptpd user1password 10.10.10.51

6. add script in web interface

System > Setup>ScriptsCRON>

Post Boot Script:

cp -f /Database/chap-secrets /etc/ppp/
    cp -f /Database/options.pptpd /etc/ppp/
    chmod 600 /etc/ppp/options.pptpd /etc/ppp/chap-secrets /etc/ppp/pap-secrets

7. reboot router

!warning , all accounts in WEB interface for PPTP vpn – disabled,
    work only accounts from file chap-secrets.

you can set Firewall rules , for pptp clients IP, in web interface

if user have manual assigned IP in connection folder – connection not work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.