stability

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell stability

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  J. Ryan 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

J. Ryan

Nice project, few questions to users:

1. Is Zeroshell stable – need router for 70 hosts

2. Does QoS work fine?

3. Does QoS wok in fine in router mode?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You should try and answer by yourself to the questions and let us know the results.

Regards
    Fulvio

J. Ryan

ok I’ll try, but can some Users post their opinions, experiences?

ingeniado

1. Is Zeroshell stable – need router for 70 hosts
    In my scenario, working for 60 hosts, works fine

2. Does QoS work fine?
    YES.

3. Does QoS wok in fine in router mode?
    I’ve it in router mode. Works fine. I only noticed that client ftp must be configured to work in passive mode. ❓

regards.
    Michael

J. Ryan

thanks, right now we are setuping ZeroShell 🙂

saadakhtar

i have been able to deploy a ZeroShell box for a network of 130 hosts. Worked perfectly. I would suggest calculating your server needs by considering 2Mhz & 2MB of ram per connection.
    i used a 450Mhz Machine with 256MB Ram for that specific deployment.

ingeniado

Hello,

my hardware: (not a server, ordinary PC):
    -PC 2.4 GHz
    -2 GB RAM
    -2 net cards

never reaching more up to 1% CPU load

regards.
    Michael

shadoza

Hi,

I am pretty new to linux and have been looking for a solution to control the P2P problem in my network. I am going to try and do a hard drive install and run this as a bridge to filter out P2P on a network with over 1,000 users. I will let you all know the results, but, this is a very critical network and I would like some opinion from experienced users about what to expect.

So far I read that I need 2 MB of RAM per user, I will be trying this on a regular machine with 1GB of RAM, so I will run the experiment in a low usage time. If I think the results are satisfactory I will borrow a server and run a long term test. A question I have about this, if I do a HD install on a machine, and swap the HD to another machine, should it boot up without any issues or would I need to do a new install?

I will definately let you guys know the outcome though if you are interested.

ncat987

I run 2 systems in parallel and one is a dual amd opteron 1.8 with 4gb with 2 gigabit nics and one 100mb nic, the other is a p3 933 with 512mb and 40gb hd with 2 100mb nics, with 14 AP’s, 4 repeaters, and give or take 30 simultaneous users at a time online, the load for opteron system runs usually at 0.01 to 0.03 percent and the p3 system runs between 0.01 to 0.08 percent.

In my present experience, with zs running on hard drives, there is minimal load on the systems, all together there is a total of 7 vlans for different user levels and bandwidth allotment for each group.

AWESOME WORK fulvio
    cant wait to try the beta 8 and other new features.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.