Squid is not logging everything

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Squid is not logging everything

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  takats_nandor 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I`m a new user of this OS. Everything is ok for now, but I have a problem with logging the url`s visited by the users.
    The log is oke, but the squid is not logging the “facebook.com”. How can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks.

gordonf

When I try to use the transparent proxy to find and isolate ad network domains, I’m finding that https protocol is not being filtered. Perhaps the Facebook links are using this.

This is a limitation of the transparent proxy. There are some long and hazardous workarounds to it but, as the HAVP forum header suggests, it hasn’t been developed in a long time. I think it has to do with the proxy having to impersonate the secure server somehow.

If the proxy could be specified as an explicit proxy, such that you could add it as a setting in your browser (and enforce it in Group Policy if you use Windows), it might be possible to filter these.

It might also be time for ZS to use a different proxy solution if HAVP isn’t being developed anymore.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.