Squid Cache

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ahmedmm86 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ahmedmm86

in most firewalls like smoothwall,monowall and pfsense you can find Squid cache, is this in ZeroShell?
    i didn’t deploy zeroshell, but i want to intall it, (Squid cache) feature is very important for me.

ppalias

ZS has a proxy server, but I don’t think it is squid. What do you want to do with the proxy?

ahmedmm86

i am intersted in web caching, updates caching like kaspersky and nod32.
    web caching saves bandwidth and accelerate web browsing.

ppalias

Zeroshell is mainly a router. Adding proxy functionality takes resources and possible instability. I’d suggest installing squid on a different server, instead of using the built in, which doesn’t support caching.

quixadhal

Would it be possible to setup Zeroshell as a transparent proxy which directs web traffic through a squid server sitting elsewhere on the LAN?

If so, how would one go about configuring it? I’d assume you’d trap all http traffic NOT coming from the squid machine and force it through squid, allowing the squid machine to go straight out.

ppalias

This is the “Request New Feature” part of the forum, if you have a technical question you had better ask it on the appropriate section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.