squid and zeroshell bridge

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking squid and zeroshell bridge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kisote 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kisote

Hi.

I have a zeroshell installation in bridge mode, because in my scenario I don’t have permissions to modify the client’s ip. The interface ETH0 is connected to WAN interface of router, and the ETH1 is connected to the main Switch of the network.

I want to install a squid cache in the network, so, after install squid component, in the menu HTTP proxy of Zeroshell, I setup a capture rule in the ETH1 interface.

If I go to /opt/squid/var/cache I see how the cache is growing, however I don’t know if my installation is working properly, because from the clients not see much difference in speed. I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

kozzy

I just got squid working as I wanted it, I spent the last few hours trying to work out why squid would only cache objects smaller than 4MB even though I modified the file /opt/squid/etc/squid.conf and added the line maximum_object_size 512 MB

I would restart the proxy service, even restarted zeroshell
    /etc/init.d/proxy stop
    /etc/init.d/proxy start

But it still wouldn’t cache anything larger than 4MB

I found a post on a forum mentioning the order on the entries matters, you need to have the cache_dir line below the rest of the entries.
    The conf file that is working for me list the entries in this order

Modify the entries to suit, for me I prefer to cache the larger files (windows updates etc) rather than the smaller files.

cache_mem 1024 MB
    maximum_object_size_in_memory 500 KB
    maximum_object_size 512 MB
    minimum_object_size 100 KB
    cache_swap_low 90
    cache_swap_high 95
    cache_dir ufs /opt/squid/var/cache/squid 100000 16 256

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.