Special Files and ZS

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Special Files and ZS

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  brz 11 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

brz

Hello all,

I’d like to assign Workstations in an LDAP Directory for wired 802.1X auth with a VLAN by groupmembership. This works great with a standalone freeradius, but seems to be a bit more complicated in zeroshell. I have to enter a special users file with vlan assignment by LDAP-Group. The radiusd.conf has to trigger cert-auth and after that to search for LDAP-Groups. What would be the best (or is there a ) way to implement this in ZeroShell. I think I’ve read all posts here, but couldn’t figure out if and how I can customize ZS for this. Just copying the files into DB didn’t work for me. Do I have to remaster for that?
    Sorry if I should’ve missed something, but maybe someone knows a trick (even a cheap one) to get around this.

Besides this Problem, this is the most exciting distro since Gentoo for me. Thank you very much for this piece…

brz

For anyone searching for a solution for this: For i was in need of special radius-setup without local accounts and with ldap-groupmembership, the best way was to start the radius server with a local config in /Database/ . To do this put a file named radius there and copy it in /etc/init.d/ after startup. (Setup/Startup/Pre-Boot -> cp -f /Database/radius /etc/init.d/)

exchange — > loadproc $SCRIPTS/radius_start >/dev/null
    with —> loadproc /Database/radius_start >/dev/null

The file radius_start needs to have

radiusd -d /Database/myconfig/raddb

and the proper setup in radiusd.conf under /Database/myconfig/raddb

The Zeroshell logging and start/stop-stuff will work with this,

Sorry for crippling the ZeroShell-setup, but this is the best way for my needs with this very fine distribution.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.