I was setting up ZeroShell at my first time and want to say thank you for this
Perhaps it would be a nice feature to support some more hardware?
ok here we go
– pico LCD – brings linux driver from manufacturer and let us see the MRT graphs or snort alerts in the display
– CF Cards with 2,4 and 8 GB will be nice for storing the log files
– support for SDHC cards also, regarding to the new boards from Soekris
– soekris vpn1411 and vpn1401 speeds up the vpn connection
– sms server-tools lets send snort alerts to the system admins mobile cell phone with the Novatel modem
– perhaps a new surface written in ajax
– support of existing vouche printers for the captive portal option
I hope you don´t hate me now but I find ZeroShell wonderful, also I know
a wish here a wish there and this means masses of work for the programmer, but I think it is better than nothing to bring in.
Regarding – CF Cards with 2,4 and 8 GB will be nice for storing the log files
1). Load the 2,4,8,16 GB SD with ZS like you normally do
— you will have a big free space at the end of the disk
2). Now boot with the ISO image from CD with SD in reader
2). redo the IP address and access web interface
3). Get to the profile mgnt in setup and backup the current one
4). Delete the Profiles partition on the SD card using the web interface
5). Create the new partition with size you desire on SD, name it “Profiles”
6). Restore the profile
7). Reboot to SD
Boom done, new bigger Profiles area
Regarding Alix 2.0 — I am using a NetGate SD3, works great and cheap too.
I second the VPN 1411 support, I personally would be willing to buy the card and send it to Dev staff if they would add support.