[SOLVED] zeroshell 1 beta 14 USB 1GB ISO problem.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell [SOLVED] zeroshell 1 beta 14 USB 1GB ISO problem.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mixahlos 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mixahlos

Hi i downloaded ZeroShell-1.0.beta14-CompactFlash-IDE-USB-SATA-1GB.img.gz.
    I managed to get it in hard drive just to configure the captive portal web-login page.
    even the image loads from a hard drive i noticed that it still mounts / in a ram fs,
    so any change i may do to the cp_showauth file is gone after a reboot.
    I also tried to put it in /DB and added a cp command in the cron (/etc/rc.local) with no luck
    I don’t understand if there is no difference with the cd image why should i use hard disk image if i still cannot permanent write the files ?

Is there something i’m doing wrong? something that I can do to have the web login files permanent ?

thanx in advance.

porkradish

Zeroshell remembers it’s settings through a “Profile”.

Use the Setup menu and Profile tab. What you need to do is select a partition and create a new profile. Once it is activated it will keep settings between reboots. You can even save files to /Database and they will persist.

mixahlos

I agree with that,
    but the files I am talking about are not in the profile partition.
    So every time the machine reboots I have to copy them manually right ?

so I guess my question remains …

EDIT :
    so far i found in the directory : /var/register/system/cp/Auth/Custom
    things i can change like image, image height & width etc…
    but I cannot find from where the cp_showauth file derives …

porkradish

I see what you are saying – I think rc.local has executed by the time you are copying over it. Check out the Setup under Startup/Cron tab – you may need to enter your script in the preboot section (although I don’t think /Database is mounted yet) or post boot and see if you can re-cycle the service if necessary.

The file you look to be after is:
    /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/cp_showauth

Hope this helps.

mixahlos

first of all I would like to thank you guys for the quick response 🙂

Yes the file I am talking about is this “/root/kerbynet.cgi/template/cp_showauth “
    but this file is recreated on every boot.

I just want to customize my own template, and the changes be permanent (you know add other information etc).

porkradish

I don’t run captive portal so I’ll give it one more shot then maybe someone else who has done this can jump in.

If you copy your version of cp_showauth to /Database.
    In the web interface Setup -> Startup/Cron
    Add the following to the post boot script:

rm -f /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/cp_showauth
    cp /Database/cp_showauth /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/cp_showauth

make sure the “Enabled” check is set and save it. (check your permissions on the file so they match)

As long as you have a profile saved and activated it the file should persist and the startup script should replace the built-in with your copy.

Hope this helps – if not let me know if you answer it – be nice to know if I enable this in the future.

mixahlos

that’s it my friend !!!
    your last shot was the best shot 😀

thaaaaank you very match 😀

porkradish

Glad I could help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.