Solution: How to install Zeroshell in Hard drive [WinXP]

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Solution: How to install Zeroshell in Hard drive [WinXP]

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ngwasuma 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ngwasuma

After suffering so much in trying the above, I have finaly found an easy way to do just that and thought I would share this with others.

The following procedure will help you install Zeroshell in your Harddisk:

http://www.computing-tips.net/Solution_Howto_install_Zeroshell_Hard_drive_WinXP

webwarrior

Well done, mate.

fulvio can maybe add this to the documentations list, for XP users.

Thanks.

saadakhtar

the howto is very good. although i have not tried it (since i got my howto to work for me everytime). May be if we make a nice graphical PDF, it would actually look more professional.

webwarrior

Hi,

I am right onto it with the Windows version.

You do the Linux version, saadakhtar

Clifford

Hi!

This thing works a breeze, however the the boot partition mounts as read only, and i can’t overwrite the blacklist file in /usr/local/etc/havp/templates/en/blacklist.html

i tried changing the /etc/fstab entry to load the filesystem as rw, it wont work and the next boot the filesystem mounts as readonly again, can somebody help me here, Pleeeease!!

Regards

Clifford

webwarrior

Hi,

It loads everything from a certain place, and then copies it to a read only location for security purposes.

You have to find the original location of the files. I have not been on it for a while, and would have to look up where that location was. I was working on an auto login function. Maybe search by that, or search for all my comments, if that is possible.

Shuan O’Reilly

ngwasuma

Hope all ya r ok. Been away for sometime.

vadimka

Another solution is to just use Win Image, from here:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Images-Utils/WinImage.shtml
    Just extract the image and burn to hard disk.

thafener

Sorry this does not work for me using physdiskwrite using a simple 80 GB Samsung SATA HDD
    Is there a problem with SATA HDD’s in general as many here seem to have similar problems ?

ngwasuma

1. Did you use a -u switch?
    2. There is also a new version of Physdiskwrite – good for sata HDDs – http://m0n0.ch/wall/physdiskwrite.php
    3. If you are writting from Windows 7, there considerations to make:
    > Make sure you run under admin account not just admin rights
    > Make sure all partitions are removed before running Physdiskwrite

xtacy

another free cmd-line tool 2 write images under windows is flashnul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.