Slow FTP Upload

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Slow FTP Upload

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ale.yanag 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ale.yanag

I´m new in Zeroshell and I´m having problems to connect to FTP servers.
    I can connect but when I´m uploading a file, the speed starts to drop until the connection dies. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ppalias

Hey there!
    How about posting here some info about the upload connection, such as QoS, Firewall, type of wan, netbalancer etc… ?

ale.yanag

Hi, I didn´t make any special configuration to make this work.
    I´ve tried with QoS on defaut class, on and off, without any changes in both cases.
    The connection is made through port 21, using PASV (passive), Wan is a direct connection with fixed IP, net balancer is set to direct clients directly to this connection, without load balancing.
    The other applications work normally, even FTP clients when listing folders or downloading. Just on uploads the connection starts with full speed (link speed) and immediatelly starts to fall until reaches 0kbs. Then I receive an error from FTP client and I have to reconnect to FTP server.

The only rule added to Firewall is:
    ACCEPT all opt — in ETH00 out ETH01 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0.0.0.0/0
    (In chain Forward – using ZS interface).

Hope this helps to clarify. Thanks!

ppalias

If you use another router other than ZeroShell do you face the same issue? For example with a aDSL router, or a PC directly connected on the WAN line.

ale.yanag

No, seems this problem just ahppens with Zeroshell.

ppalias

Download and install the iptraf patch from http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/patch-details/
    Then try to do the same upload with the iptraf turned on and nothing else running to verify that nothing else uses the network.
    Run iptraf, then select “IP traffic monitor” and select your WAN interface. You should now only see the ftp flow. After the FTP is finished tell us what the behavior was.

ale.yanag

Thanks!

I´ll try this and post the results later.

ale.yanag

Problem solved, I checked the logs and I found errors that are caused by some network card incompatibility. The card was a Zilan, now I´m using a Realtek 8138d and the problem stopped.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.