Simple setup fails after reboot

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Simple setup fails after reboot

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Aileron 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Aileron

First of all, could someone tell me what that should be? That dummy-interface always is there with the same IP and I have no idea what it is for.

dummy1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 72:DE:44:8C:49:0E
    inet addr:192.168.142.142 Bcast:192.168.142.255 Mask:255.255.255.255
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Second, I have set up my zeroshell box with three interfaces, nat, firewall and some very basic shaping (reduce bandwidth on one LAN interface for incoming traffic to 2mbit) and a captive portal. That works fine – but after reboot the system cannot be reached anymore.

After reboot, for each interface a second one showed up in ifconfig: ETH00:00 and ETH00, ETH01:00 and ETH01:00 and so on. After removing those “virtual” interfaces and setting the IP addresses of the “real” interfaces manually on the console, everything worked fine.

Similar, but more severe problems occur with a more sophisticated setup which I described here in the reply to my original post:

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=772

Note:
    There is one thing that internally might cause trouble: One of my NICs shows as “No link detected” when connected (and working properly) and as “100Mbit Full duplex” when the network cable is unplugged. Its a “MYSON Technology Inc SURECOM EP-320X-S 100/10M Ethernet PCI Adapter”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.