Simple Bandwidth Throttling Scenario – Help Needed

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Simple Bandwidth Throttling Scenario – Help Needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  nickterry 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nickterry

What I want to do is fairly simple and I’m hoping someone can help. I have configured ZeroShell on a PC with two network cards as a bridge in order to control the maximum amount of bandwidth users receive as they access the internet through ZeroShell. I want to make it so that from 9.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday users receive 512kb of bandwidth and at all other times they receive 1Mbps (the maximum bandwidth of the connection is 2Mbps). I have setup everything as per the guide here, http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/qos/. However, I’m little unsure what to do with regards to the classifier section. I suppose the question is, when configuring the settings in the Firewall rule config section, which settings will allow the rule to apply to all traffic, much like the default rule? In other words, if I create the rule for a class which has the bandwidth set to 512Kbps, for example, how to do then say that all traffic must use that class?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Set for the default class the limit of 1Mbit and do not mention it in the classifier. For the class limited to 512Kbit/s only create a classifier rule with it as target and with only time conditon.

Regards
    Fulvio

cylent

fulvio:

this is a scenario i’d like to implement …
    can you please explain a bit more on how to do it? i am confused by your answer.

also, i’d like to setup another interface where it will override any other QoS values setup so like this:

Eth0 –> my users with a pool of 1meg (they all share it)
    Eth1 –> internet access
    Eth2 –> for my personal use (with no dhcp and nat enabled but can override any other QoS thereby giving me all the speed at all times)

how can i achieve this?

cylent

anybody?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.