Setup a queue list for internet requests

Home Page Forums Network Management Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer Setup a queue list for internet requests

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ulysse 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ulysse

hello everyone

I am setting up a server in a college in peru where the download speed doesn´t exceed 130ko/s during the day. In direct connection, only 3 computers can acceed to internet.
    I have set up the dhcp router and the NAT. Now, I want to set rules to do something like that :
    – if the request is for local network, don´t limit the speed
    – if up to 3 requests are coming, don´t limit
    – if more than 4 requests come, answer to the 3 first and wait the answer of one request to send the next one.

I hope I´m clear to explain what I want to do. Moreover, I don´t know if setting dhcp router and NAT is a good start to do the job. I can change everything if it´s needed.

Thanks a lot for your help

ulysse

maccowley

Hi Ulysse,

If you use Zeroshell as a router, you don’t have to worry about the traffic on the local network. It won’t be run through Zeroshell, so that it always run on full speed.
    As far as I know, it is not possible to queue requests. But you can prioritize some computers or services with QOS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.