Setting-up ZeroShell in an existing LAN

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Setting-up ZeroShell in an existing LAN

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zyebucks 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

zyebucks

hi all :),

Im just new here and hoping that you can give me some help in setting-up zeroshell to use its captive portal for wi-fi users authentication.
    I will be putting it inside our existing LAN where we have an existing proxy server.

the setting is like this

ISP
    |
    |
    Proxy/Firewall/Router<

>Publicly Accessible Servers
    |
    |
    LAN (192.168.0.2/255.255.0.0)
    |
    |
    Switch< --->DHCP Server< -->Wireless Routers
    |
    |
    Wired Client (Static – 192.168.x.y/255.255.0.0)

We use the 192.168.0.2 as our default gateway and internal dns for the lan. I turn-off the internal dhcp servers of wireless routers so that i can use a centralized dhcp server which is a windows box. it leases at the range of 192.168.14.1-150/255.255.0.0 for the wireless users but i did not include dns and router (192.168.0.2 respectively) in the scope option since we manually configure its proxy setting and port (192.168.0.2:3128) on the browser setting. all the ip address that we use is defined in the squid proxy server.but now that the sysad configure the proxy to be transparent may be i can include the gateway and dns in the scope option

Im sorry for too much explanation, but what i really want to do and my question is where can i position the zeroshell to act as a captive portal for the wi-fi users using our existing proxy server as the internet source? And can you please tell me or send me some step-by-step instruction to set-it-up. The application is feature-rich and i hope that i can use some of it like the bandwidth shaper but for now im more interested on how can i use its captive portal.

I tried to set it up but the only thing it capture is the browser where i run the zeroshell web gui. by the way, i run it on a vmware workstation.

Thank you guys in advance and more power to you all!!! 🙂

Best Regards,

zyebucks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.