Setting up a DSL modem to Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Setting up a DSL modem to Zeroshell

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cygnus 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cygnus

Right i’m kinda new to this stuff. What im trying to do is set up a gateway router. ie eth0 LAN and eth1 WAN.
    I have router knowledge but the problem is i have only studied cisco routers which are a bit different (Programing more then any thing). So my Q is how to to correctly set up the Dsl modem, i have tried setting up PPPoe on both the modem and on Zeroshell but with no success. So does any one have any advice dat can help.

Regards,
    Cygnus

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Are you sure that your dsl modem is really just a modem and not a DSL router. Could you post the model of the modem.
    Usually, you don’t have to configure your modem, you have only to set a PPPoE connection on Zeroshell.

Regards
    Fulvio

kenadak

there are 2 solutions to this:

Bridge the modem to the ZeroShell and THEN setup PPPOE to your ISP on the ZeroShell.

or

setup PPPOE on the Modem and set the ZeroShell to the DMZ on the modem.

both of these will work… some routers only allow 1 VPN tunnel through at a time so you may want to use the bridge if you plan on having more than one VPN tunnel open at any one time.

Cygnus

@fulvio wrote:

Are you sure that your dsl modem is really just a modem and not a DSL router. Could you post the model of the modem.
    Usually, you don’t have to configure your modem, you have only to set a PPPoE connection on Zeroshell.

ah i have it workin thanx. on closer inspection it is a DSL router my mistake
    thanx for all the help.

As well as this i was wondering is there any documentation for this(other than the italian version)? so as to help me out with some other stuff??

Regards
    Cygnus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.