Set up a Domain on ZeroShell for Windows logon

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Set up a Domain on ZeroShell for Windows logon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  snaidell 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

snaidell

Hi everybody, I’m new here and also with ZeroShell and Networking.
    I want to setup ZeroShell as my Domain controller for Windows login using the kerberos protocol. I have ZeroShell running on a virtual machine with ETH00 (192.168.128.128/24) and ETH01 (192.168.129.129/24). What do I need to configure to have my windows authenticating on Zeroshell?
    I don’t know if this is possible, sorry if I said something wrong.
    Thank you right now.

giancagianca

For emulate windows nt domain controller with linux you need samba. Samba is not installed on ZS. You can configure samba on other linux machine and then use ZS for autheticate samba with ldap/kerberos. With this configuration yu can create a domain controller.

Bye.

snaidell

Hi giancagianca, thank you for your help. I have now the samba running, but how i’m suposed to use ZeroShell for authenticate samba with ldap/kerberos?

Thank you once more.
    bye.

doudou225

Hi Snaidel, thank you for your reply about setting up a domain controller with ZS, it was one of my problem to know if it was even possible.
    I would like you to help me set up a dns server with ZS for both dynamic an static ip adressing. I tried several time in vain. Expecting your response !!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.