Session expires on bank sites when NetBalancer is used

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Session expires on bank sites when NetBalancer is used

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mahesh.deshmukh 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have configured ZeroShell 1.0.beta13 in my organization. I have used it to load balance 3 internet lease line (2MB each).

It is balancing load as desired.

But for many bank sites and trading sites its giving issues like session expires or page redirects.

Same works fine when configured static rule for clients to route traffic through a perticular gateway.

Is there any workarround for this issue???

Because adding static rules for all will not be feasible and again it voids the purpose of load balancer and failover.

Pls suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

ppalias

It is a well known problem of the ZS, since older versions. My workaround was to split the address space 0.0.0.0/0 in 2 (0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1) and send http and https for the first address space via WAN1 and the second via WAN2.

Thanks for quick reply ppalias.

The query is, in case of below workarround if any ISP fails will failover work? or I’ll have to manually change the gateway?

[/quote]

ppalias

If an ISP fails and the interface is down, then the routes are automatically withdrawn from the routing table.

In that case, I’ll have to give it a try.

I’ll use your workaround 💡 and check how it works when ISP fails. I’ll post as soon as I get results.

Thanks for your help .. 🙂

Is there any possiblity for ZeroShell to provide “Sticky by Session” feature i.e., we should have choice to select an algorithm either “round robin” or “sticky by session” … that could resolve this issue

Wht say??? 💡

ppalias

We have discussed about that with Fulvio and maybe we will come up with a solution on that problem in a future release.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.