Sending forgotten password not working

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroTruth Sending forgotten password not working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Simsa 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Simsa

Hi everyone,

the “forgot password”-dialog ends always with: “User not found” at my site, although I’m 100% sure the user exists (I can login with this user). Is something wrong with my installation or is it a bug?

I use Zerotruth 2.0RC2 with Zeroshell 3.0.

Thanks, Simsa

truthahn

Hi,

I did some tests on my installations and works all.

regards

Simsa

Hi,

thank you for your fast reply and the tests!
    So there seems to be something wrong at my site 🙁

Maybe it is related to a problem with crontab: At boot the message: “”/tmp/crontab.XXXXYHWFfB”:7: bad day-of-week” appears.

The crontab looks indeed quite messy: http://pastebin.com/VJFuDhBX
    Could you maybe share your crontab or a hint what I can delete/change?

Thanks,
    Simsa

truthahn

I do not think it comes to this. But it is certainly a problem.
    As you enter the user?
    Meanwhile, delete the cron-program and try to register the user.
    Then check crontab

Simsa

I agree the crontab mess has nothing to do with the password change dialog, but with the cron thing is definitely something wrong. I deleted the content of crontab but when I click save under konfig -> backup all the things reappear in crontab inclusive the error message “can’t install cron: bad day-of-week”.

UPDATE: It’s not only the backup-dialog it’s also with the register user and probably some more (I did not test more function yet).

truthahn

hi,

rm -rf /Database/var/register/system/startup/scripts/*START*
    rm -rf /Database/var/register/system/startup/scripts/*STOP*
    /DB/apache2/cgi-bin/zerotruth/scripts/zt.sh RestartCron

Simsa

Hi,

thank you, that worked very well!
    Should I now expect any disadvantages because of removing the start and stop scripts?
    For example will the backup still work?

Simsa

Ok back to the actually topic: now I know why sending passwords did not work: I don’t use the send sms function, and if I don’t enter a mobile phone number but only the username and mail address, the message “Username unknown” appears.
    So it’s probably designed to work only per sms. So I think I will change the message to something like: “Your username is wrong or you forgot to enter your mobile phone number” or something similar.

Many Greetings, Simsa

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.