Select profile at boot time

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Select profile at boot time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    moricio
    Participant

Hello.

I have a zeroshell box with a big setup and now it fails every other week because of some issue with the DNS service. The restore process has been horrible. I have lost the subscription and everything is so big that I can not restore except to a backup that takes literally hours to come up again. And then I was thinking on keeping a profile as a reserve. But once the box fails miserably I can not select the backup profile. What can I do to select a profile at boot time?

Thanks

Mauricio

97 Magenta
    Participant

Subscription is linked to Mac address of your NIC (If I have a good understanding)

So if you’re in VM installation you have to check Mac address given to your network cards are still the same.

On my side i’m on proxmox VM so I copy paste MAC address number to the virtual nic in prox mox when restore or reinstall.

Proxmox also give me the ability to have backup VM of my Zeroshell VM to switch to in case of problem.

From the console you can get in profile manager, you might be able to do something there ?

Nicolas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.