Seeking VPN bonding "how-to For Dummies"

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Seeking VPN bonding "how-to For Dummies"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  AndrewBell 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

AndrewBell

Hi everybody!
    Sorry for stupid question, i am not very experienced with “LAN magic”, just basics…
    Is it possible to organize Link Aggregation and balancing if i have the ONLY ONE place (at my apartment) to install the VPN bonding server and this place is BEHIND ADSL modem/router. Router is very simple, no DMZ, no VLANs, only port forwarding and some other basic stuff such as NAT and DHCP.
    The goal is to provide my aged parents stable Internet access in their countryside house. They have no broadband Internet, only low speed 3G (so no Skype, video), so i thinking about installing VPN CLIENTS bonding Zeroshell server in parents house and VPN SERVER at my home.
    Actually i have tried to repeat all the steps from “how to” video, but with lack of success 🙁
    From my parents side i see external IP of my home modem and somehow i managed to create ONE VPN tunnel, but it was just link, with no Internet.

I believe now that i am too stupid to do everything by myself, so MAY BE there is simple step-by-step instruction for dummies or “how-to” for my case?

mob

Hi,
    still trying to do this? willing to provide temporary remote access to both routers?
    cheers -M

DrmCa
    Participant

I would switch the ADSL router into the bridged mode and use Zeroshell box as a router only. Why making this complicated by adding a variable of ADSL router? This is what ZS does best.

AndrewBell

@mob wrote:

Hi,
    still trying to do this? willing to provide temporary remote access to both routers?
    cheers -M

Thnx, i have postpone the idea with vpn bonding for now.
    Fighting with other problems such strange lte modem behaviour 🙂

AndrewBell

@drmca wrote:

I would switch the ADSL router into the bridged mode and use Zeroshell box as a router only. Why making this complicated by adding a variable of ADSL router? This is what ZS does best.

I`ve try this first, but my ISP called me and asked not to “play with device wich was not approwed by user agreement” 🙁

DrmCa
    Participant

Maybe it is time to ditch this ISP, if you can?
    Here in Canada no ISP would ever dare to bother a client for that, and as a matter of fact almost all broadband indy providers have a write-up for switching the modems into bridged mode.

AndrewBell

@drmca wrote:

Maybe it is time to ditch this ISP, if you can?
    Here in Canada no ISP would ever dare to bother a client for that, and as a matter of fact almost all broadband indy providers have a write-up for switching the modems into bridged mode.

I would like to, but this is the only ISP in private settlement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.