scp server on Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell scp server on Zeroshell

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  fnmunhoz 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fnmunhoz

I am trying use scp to transfer files from Zeroshell to another system but it don’t work.

I think it happens because the default login is the zeroshell’s console menu.

Is possible change this configuration to use scp like others systems?

Thanks

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You could set the bash as default shell for the user root in the file /etc/passwd.

Regards
    Fulvio

mmiller

I see a reason to run ssh on the Zeroshell box. I really don’t see a reason to run the ssh subsystem sftp-server. You should only have to use the sftp client to move files to and from your zeroshell box.

fnmunhoz

I want use scp to make backups of /Database directory using backuppc software.

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

mmiller

I understand the need for backing up the /Database directory. I see the software you are wanting to use works with Samba, SSH, RSH, NFS and rsync. Rsync would be a better choice because it will only copy data that is changed and or new. Why backup the same data day after day if nothing has changed. or Why transfer the files that have not changed. Rsync can also transfer files via a rsync stream. I would be more supportive of rsync due to the features it provides.

fnmunhoz

Fulvio, are you planning to include rsync in next release of Zeroshell, it will be a very nice feature to make backups, I think.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.