save the syslog´s in a File on a Ftp Server oder of the CF ?

Home Page Forums Network Management Embedded Devices save the syslog´s in a File on a Ftp Server oder of the CF ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  itsh-net 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

itsh-net

hello Boys,

I has a WRAP board with Zero Shell (is a fine software) is possible it syslog´s the all 6/12/24 hours in a log file on a server (e.g. ftp server in the Internet or local on a NAS (ftp server)) to SAVE.

Zeroshell is to serve with me as radius and Syslogserver, for A big Hotspot therefore is it necessarily the Log´s to be stored,

so that they are not lost with a power failure.

Apology for my bad English

greez ITSH-Net

imported_fulvio
    Participant

No, at present it isn’t possible to save syslog’s data on a ftp server.
    With current release you could manually backup the database which contains the syslog’s data. Keep in mind that the compact flash image uses ext3 filesystem by default which has journaling feature and hence it is very safe to use and it is not easy to corrupt it.

Regards
    Fulvio Ricciardi

Tobias83

Hello, i wrote an little Script in Crontab to save my Logfiles to an Storage because we used it for Hotel WLAN Access:

# Bash script: SaveLogs-Cron
    tar -cvf /DB/logs`date +%G%d%b`.tar /Database/LOG/`date +%G`/`date +%b`/`date +%d`/SecureGW/*
    gzip /DB/logs`date +%G%d%b`.tar
    ftp -i -n “IP OF FTP HOST” <<EOF
    user “USername” “Password of FTP”
    cd “Folder to Save”
    bin
    put /DB/logs`date +%G%d%b`.tar.gz logs`date +%G%d%b`.tar.gz
    bye
    EOF
    rm -f /DB/logs`date +%G%d%b`.tar.gz

Hope it help… or write me again … Auch gern in Deutsch 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.