Save not interfaced settings in database

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Save not interfaced settings in database

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  oguretz 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

oguretz

Hi all.

Is it possible to save settings not displayed in web interface in way they will be restored after reboot? For example, I have modified routing table, added routing rules and slightly modify iptables manually (all from ssh console), but all settings are lost after reboot. Can I save all i’ve done in database, or maybe i should add some script etc.?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

atheling

Put the command you are running to setup your routing table, etc. into either the pre boot script or the post boot script.

oguretz

which of them? can you tip, which script is not reseting during reboot? Thank you!

atheling

@oguretz wrote:

which of them? can you tip, which script is not reseting during reboot? Thank you!

Neither script will disappear. The pre-boot script runs before the built in Zeroshell scripts. The post-boot script runs after the built-in Zeroshell scripts.

I use the pre-boot script to patch Zeroshell scripts. I use the post-boot script to setup iptable entries that I can’t do from the UI.

oguretz

I understand, but i mean to help me with location of this scripts, please tell the exact one 🙂 i just can’t find any docs about it

ppalias

Create a file containing all the commands you wish to apply after the reboot.
    Save this file in

/Database/patches/

make it executable, then go to the Web Interface : System->Setup->Startup/Cron
    add a post boot script that will execute the script, test it and finally save.

atheling

@oguretz wrote:

I understand, but i mean to help me with location of this scripts, please tell the exact one 🙂 i just can’t find any docs about it

On the left, click on “setup”. Then there will be at tab across the top that says “startup/cron”, click that. The window that opens will have a number of choices. You can paste your code into the “post boot” area and save.

Or you can do as ppalias suggests and save a script and execute it from the post boot script.

Edit: I just checked, and I actually have put my iptables changes into the “NAT and virtual servers” script rather than the post boot script. You have a number of options.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.