Routing Ports, Virtual server.

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Routing Ports, Virtual server.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  deamon_knight 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m using ZeroShell, but I have a question. I have a computer and I want to play a network game. Say my game requires that Ports 4512 and 3456 be opened. My Computer has fixed IP address, so I set up port forwarding of those ports from my Internet Network Interface to the same ports on my computers fixed IP. Simple and it works. I had a friend visit from out of town and throw me a curveball. Say he also wants to connect to my network, and then play this same game? How would I configure this? He suggested that I set up another set of routing rules to forward these same ports to his IP. I don’t think this will work. We were unable to get our game running on his machine for other reasons, but how would I go about setting this up in the future? Thanks.

ppalias

You cannot forward the same port on 2 PCs in the local network. If a friend of yours visits you and you want to play the same game then you will have to switch to another port for your friend, for example 4513 and 3457.

Thanks for the reply ppalias, thats what I thought. But, will forwarding another set of ports for my friend work? I’m not sure that it will since it is asking for specific ports to be opened.

Thanks

ppalias

Then you cannot use the same internet connection, unless you ask your provider for a second public IP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.