Restart QOS with new protocols.tgz?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Restart QOS with new protocols.tgz?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  grunties 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

grunties

Hello, is it possible to restart the QOS classifier engine with a new protocol pack without restarting the box?

Regards,
    G

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Try with

/etc/init.d/l7 start

Regards
    Fulvio

AtroposX

What are the proper procedures for installing newer l7-protocols? I’ve tried so many times.

I’ll do a wget to sourceforge’s l7 file to the /var/register/system/net/L7, remove the old directoy, remove the old l7 folder in /etc/l7-protocols, tar -xvzf the tar.gz file, in /var/register/system/net/L7, run make install, and use /etc/init.d/l7 start.

the new protocols don’t show up in the /etc/l7-protocols folder, or the /var/register/system/net/l7-protocols/protocols folder either.

After a restart of the system, everything reverts back to 2008-10-04 version of the protocols. Any ideas anyone?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You just need to add/replace the file /var/register/system/net/L7/l7-protocols.tgz with a newer one. After that you must reboot the system, or type

service l7 start

Regards
    Fulvio

AtroposX

There’s currently a “Version” and “l7-protocols” in /var/register/system/net/L7/. I can do a wget to sourceforge to get the “l7-protocols-2008-12-18.tar.gz”. Now, there’s these three items, the old two, and now “l7-protocols-2008-12-18.tar.gz”. After i get the tar.gz file, “service l7 start”, or a restart, then things revert to old definitions again.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Use the following command:

mv /var/register/system/net/L7/l7-protocols-2008-12-18.tar.gz /var/register/system/net/L7/l7-protocols.tgz

and then

service l7 start

Regards
    Fulvio

AtroposX

Excellent Fulvio, spot on, instantly worked. Thank you again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.