Request: Site to site IPSec

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Request: Site to site IPSec

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Cain 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dr Cain

Hi,
    Since I’m not a big fan of OpenVPN, it would be nice if you added support for IPSec lan-to-lan. Instead of just supporting OpenVPN.
    It would enable me to connect to other IPsec devices, such as Cisco PIX etc..

Since you already support IPSec + x.509 for “road warriors”, it should be pretty trivial to implement.

Hope you have time for it.
    Thank you for a good firewall distribution.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Zeroshell will support IPSec for Site-to-Site connection as soon as possible. I hope in the 1.0.beta6 release.

Regards
    Fulvio

lklaus

Hi,

any news on this issue? I’m just trying to get it going

Klaus

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Sorry, but I have changed my mind about the possibility to implement site to site VPN by using IPSec. I do not like IPSec very much. I prefer OpenVPN because it has the VLAN 802.1q support and is easier to use.

Regards
    Fulvio

lklaus

Fulvio,

while I can definitely understand that the more elegant solution just is way more interesting, it’s still an interoperability issue connecting a zeroshell driven device to some “standard” net devices, that only know ipsec. I got it running in a laboratory test, but having it integrated in zeroshell would be nice (i.e., my solution is not reboot safe 🙂

Klaus

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You are right. The interoperability with other devices is the main reason I could implement site to site Virtual Private Network with IPSec.
    In any case, I won’t be able to allow it the next release.
    Please post your solution because it could help me in the future.

Regards
    Fulvio

netgeek

Hi Fulvio,

is there a solution or workaround now for ipsec site-to-site connections with preshared keys / certificates?

I am really looking forward to it.

I have eight vpn´s to connect to and all are over ipsec.

Thank you for this nice distribution.

best regards,

Joerg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.