Recommend 10GbE NICs for ZS

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Recommend 10GbE NICs for ZS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cdpearce 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cdpearce
    Participant

Has anyone had good results implementing 10GbE in a ZS box? I’m looking for ZS supported interface cards. I’m going to need both a 10GBASE-T port and a SFP+ port, and doubt I’ll find those on a single card, so recommendations for both interface types are welcome

Other requirements:
    * Low-profile PCIe.
    * VLAN Support (802.1q)
    * Low cost, if possible
    * Most importantly, verified ZS compatibility!

Thanks in advance.

cdpearce
    Participant

So, do I conclude that not a single person is using ZeroShell with a 10Gb interface?

How about tried to? Is there anyone that tried and failed? What NIC did you try? Did it fail to work completely? Was there no driver for it? Was it a performance problem?

Come on, someone has either succeeded or failed to do 10G. What’s the story?

sherman

getout

@cdpearce wrote:

So, do I conclude that not a single person is using ZeroShell with a 10Gb interface?

How about tried to? Is there anyone that tried and failed? What NIC did you try? Did it fail to work completely? Was there no driver for it? Was it a performance problem?

Come on, someone has either succeeded or failed to do 10G. What’s the story?

Why don’t you try virtualizing ZS with ESXi? ESXi works on many hardware platforms, I’m sure you could find 10Gb interfaces to work with ESXi and then just run ZS (and anything else) as a VM. You might not be able to use integrated WiFi as ESXi historically doesn’t provide support for such, although I haven’t checked the latest 6.5 release. Maybe PCIe pass-through might work but it’s probably just easier to use and external WiFi AP.
    I run virtualized ZS and it’s great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.