RADIUS/Kerberos questions

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell RADIUS/Kerberos questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sdamron 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sdamron

Hello folks!

I have a couple of questions on the RADIUS server.

1.) How do I force a password change, is this possible? I am assuming it is, as the options are there in the Kerberos setup. What facility is available for changing the password, perhaps a web based form, or ?

2.) Under the Kerberos setup there is a setting for password complexity, the list is a dropdown box with numbers from 1-5. What does each number represent as far as complexity?

3.) Thank very much in advance for your help! :o)

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The easier way with which an user is able to change its password is to use the web interface of Zeroshell. In fact not only admin can open a web session on Zeroshell, but also a not privileged user.

On kerberized Unix/Linux workstations you just have to use kpasswd or passwd if the PAM system is configured to use kerberos.

If you use Windows and you have an Active Directory domain that trusts your Kerberos 5 realm it is possible to change the Zeroshell password by pressing [CTRL][Alt][Del].

The password complexity is the minimum number of character classes the a password requires to be valid.
    The character classes are:

Lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, punctuation characters and other characters. For example the complexity of Sd10420Eo is 3.

Regards
    Fulvio

sdamron

@fulvio wrote:

The easier way with which an user is able to change its password is to use the web interface of Zeroshell. In fact not only admin can open a web session on Zeroshell, but also a not privileged user.

On kerberized Unix/Linux workstations you just have to use kpasswd or passwd if the PAM system is configured to use kerberos.

If you use Windows and you have an Active Directory domain that trusts your Kerberos 5 realm it is possible to change the Zeroshell password by pressing [CTRL][Alt][Del].

The password complexity is the minimum number of character classes the a password requires to be valid.
    The character classes are:

Lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, punctuation characters and other characters. For example the complexity of Sd10420Eo is 3.

Regards
    Fulvio

Nice, thank you for the quick reply.

I am using the RADIUS server to authenticate users for a couple of web enabled application, namely, Bomgar and LogLogic. When the password expires, what will happen, will they just not be able to login, or will there be meaningful messages? Or, does that depend on the web application?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.