[Question]Connect multiple ADSL in a single ETH01 using VLAN

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking [Question]Connect multiple ADSL in a single ETH01 using VLAN

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Guilmon_DT 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Guilmon_DT

IN ENGLISH: (Ver abajo para Español)

Hello.
    My intention is connect multiple ADSL to multiple VLANs to use a single interface Ethernet ETH01 and make load balancing.

I can not buy a 4 port ethernet card because where I live are very very expensive.

All ADSL modems are configured in “Bridged” … I receive a “Dynamic” IP Certified of my ISP for each ADSL. I would not change it to “Router” mode

I have installed Zeroshell 1.0-b12 in a VMware virtual machine (Network adapters in “bridge” and with promiscuous mode enabled). The Host OS is SuSE Linux Enterprice Server 11 SP1. The server is an HP Proliant ML150 G6. The Smart Switch is a Cisco SLM2024.

The problem is this:
    I can not run the DHCP Client on any VLAN in ZeroShell.
    I would like to acquire IP address for DHCP in a VLAN interface.
    In the configuration of the network (in the web panel), only allows me to assign a VLAN to a static IP rather than a dynamic IP.

I have tried using the Command Line:
    > dhclient ETH01.2
    But never get a response.

The Switch is configured as follows:
    P1 (taged) -> VLAN 2, 3, 4 (to SERVER)
    P2 (untaged) -> VLAN 2 (to ADSL 1)
    P3 (untaged) -> VLAN 3 (to ADSL 2)
    P4 (untaged) -> VLAN 4 (to ADSL 3)

I tested this configuration with the SuSE and working properly:
    – Eth0 interface without IP
    – Eth0.2 interface as DHCP
    (To configure this, I used an graphycal interface that includes SuSE called YaST. I Don’t know as do it by command-line)
    (I tested only one VLAN at a time)

SuSE allowed my to acquire IP with DHCP on VLAN interfaces
    Can anyone help me make this work in ZeroShell?

==============================================
    EN ESPAÑOL:

Hola.
    Mi intencion es conectar multiples ADSL a multiples VLANs para asi usar una sola interface Ethernet ETH01 y hacer balanceo de carga.

No puedo comprar una tarjeta ethernet de 4 puertos ya que, donde yo vivo, son muy muy caras.

Todos los modems ADSL estan configurados en modo “Bridged”… yo recibo una IP Certificada “Dinamica” de mi ISP por cada ADSL. No quisiera cambiarlos a modo “Router”.

Tengo instalado Zeroshell 1.0-b12 en una maquina virtual con VMware (adaptadores de red en “bridge” con modo promiscuo activado). El OS Host es SuSE Linux Enterprice Server 11 SP1. El servidor es un HP Proliant ML150 G6. El Smart Switch es un Cisco SLM2024.

El problema es el siguiente:
    No puedo hacer que el Cliente DHCP funcione en ninguna VLAN en ZeroShell.
    Quisiera adquirir la direccion IP por DHCP de una interface con VLAN.
    En la configuracion de la red (desde el panel web), solo me permite asignar una VLAN a una IP fija y no a una IP Dinamica.

He probado usando la Linea de Comando:
    > dhclient ETH01.2
    Pero nunca obtiene respuesta.

El Switch esta configurado de la siguiente mandera:
    P1 (taged) -> VLAN 2, 3, 4 (to SERVER)
    P2 (untaged) -> VLAN 2 (to ADSL 1)
    P3 (untaged) -> VLAN 3 (to ADSL 2)
    P4 (untaged) -> VLAN 4 (to ADSL 3)

He probado esta configuracion con el SuSE y funciona correctamente:
    – Interfaz Eth0 sin IP
    – Interfaz Eth0.2 con DHCP
    (Para configurarlo, he utilizado una interfaz grafica que incluye SuSE que se llama YaST. No se como hacerlo por linea de comandos)
    (Solo probe con una VLAN a la vez)

SuSE si me permitió adquirir la IP con DHCP en las interfaces con VLAN.
    ¿Puede alguien ayudarme a hacer que esto funcione en ZeroShell?

ppalias

There shouldn’t be a problem to do what you want. On ETH01 create 3 subinterfaces with a vlan assigned to them. Then click on Dyn.IP for that interface and switch to enable.
    If it is not working properly, I suggest to try your setup without the Virtual Machine. Maybe something is wrong with its configuration and is not passing the vlan tags correctly to the Zeroshell.

Guilmon_DT

@ppalias wrote:

There shouldn’t be a problem to do what you want. On ETH01 create 3 subinterfaces with a vlan assigned to them. Then click on Dyn.IP for that interface and switch to enable.
    If it is not working properly, I suggest to try your setup without the Virtual Machine. Maybe something is wrong with its configuration and is not passing the vlan tags correctly to the Zeroshell.

Thank you very much, you’re right. I booted ZeroShell from Flash Drive and worked.
    Yes, there is something wrong configured in the virtual machine.

Although it worked fine using the command line:
    > dhclient ETH00.2
    and not automatically in the Web Panel.

I would have to write that in the Script Post-Boot. ‘ll be back if I have questions.
    Thanks Again =D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.