Question about RADIUS & Captive Portal Authentication

Home Page Forums Network Management Embedded Devices Question about RADIUS & Captive Portal Authentication

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  matthew.a.squires 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I Unable to get the WiFi RADIUS profile on my PC to Authenticate through the Captive Portal.

I have the “Automatically authorize any Proxied RADIUS Domain” & the “Automatically authorize any Trusted Kerberos 5 Realm” checked.

The Default RADIUS Request is “PEAP with McCHAPv2”, and this is what I am using on my PC WiFi Connection.

The one and only Authorized Domain is set as the Default (there is no other domain listed)

As I understand it, once the RADIUS profile Authenticates, I should not have to log onto the Captive Portal to access the network, but it is not working out that way.

I do not want to add any IP Address and or MAC Address to the Captive Portal “Free Authorized” zone.

Am I correctly understanding what the “Automatically authorize any Proxied RADIUS Domain” option does?

If it does automatically authenticate through the Captive Portal, why is it asking for a Username & Password when the browser is launched? what am I doing wrong?

If I miss understood the option “Automatically authorize any Proxied RADIUS Domain”, what exactly is its purpose?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.