QoS for FTP and Download Managers

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell QoS for FTP and Download Managers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  teklimbu 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

teklimbu

Hi All,

I am currently running Zeroshell in Bridge Mode as described by the documentation at:

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/qos

The QoS Classifier seems to be able to detect HTTP traffic properly. However, the detection rate for FTP traffic seems to be almost nil.

My goal is to apply QoS to traffic generated by Download managers such as IDM and DAP which will also consist of FTP.

Can this be done? Will really appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks,
    Tek

DrmCa
    Participant

Not sure how you established that HTTP LB works.
    It does not automatically work for me. Instead I have to start 1 download segment and after a few seconds add 1 more, than in 90% cases 2nd DL will be load balanced.

Haven’t tried FTP in years, so don’t know if that works.

genevivB

Interesting. I don’t know how you come up with that but I want to discover or try it. Please tell me more about it. 🙂

funnykishi

can anyone find a way to control download managers ??

funnykishi

first , make rule and give low priority and bandwith according to your total bandwidth.

In classifier choose your rule

with the help of L7 protocols you can rule out ftp …………one rule that can be useful.

second …………… put rule parallel connection more than 3 or what ever you think appropriate , take 5 mb or less in download per connection.

Make these in classifier

and activate.

I found very useful.

DrmCa
    Participant

How specifically those rules can be configured?
    Can you provide step by step instructions?

What I am presently doing is using for example DownThemAll add-on for Firefox. It is configured to start only 1 segment. Speed reaches 1xDSL. Then after a few seconds I add another segment and d/l rate reaches 2xDSL line. Most of the time that works, but it’s a manual workaround every time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.