Qos and NB – Atheling’s patch

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Qos and NB – Atheling’s patch

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bbozo 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bbozo

I believe i did manage to apply the patch but i it doesn’t seem to work for me.

1. copy/pasted http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2125 and gave it name Zeroshell.nb.patch
    2. with usb copied the file to /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts
    3. ran command patch -p0 < Zeroshell.nb.patch Errors (or maybe not?!):
    can’t find file to patch at input line 8
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or –strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:

|Index: kerbynet.cgi/scripts/fw_initrules

…..
    …..
    then question: File to patch:

4. i did answer to above question for all 6 file but files nb_fw and nb_setautomarking didn’t patch

errors reported
    for nb_fw
    File to patch: nb_fw
    patching file nb_fw
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED — saving rejects to file nb_fw.rej

and

File to patch: nb_setautomarking
    patching file nb_setautomarking
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 3 with fuzz 1.

5. from http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2125 i made 2 files nb_…. and copied them manually to /Database/custom as i did with 4 other files that didn’t report any errors

6. in “pre-boot” script: as atheling i placed code
    for file in /Database/custom/*
    do
    cp ${file} /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/
    done

7. rebooted

I checked /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts and all 6 files are by date as they should be i did vi them and they all seem ok (i am not sure)
    but
    when I turn qos and place sam classes i see traffic going only trough default class

please help
    what i did wrong

thanks

atheling

Sounds like the patch code got corrupted in the posting/copy/paste operation. PM me your email address and I’ll send a copy of the patch in a .zip file.

bbozo

Thanks to Atheling.

For good patch and swift answer to my question.

For now the test server is working good. It will be made a main network router in a few days.

Thanks!!!

micampo

If I use a router with balancer and then use a bridge with QoS I can solve this kind of bug? and version 13 has this actualiacion Atheling?

thanks

atheling

@micampo wrote:

If I use a router with balancer and then use a bridge with QoS I can solve this kind of bug? and version 13 has this actualiacion Atheling?

thanks

I received a message from Fulvio today indicating that his testing turned up an issue so he did not include my changes in beta13. As time allows I will come up with a version of the patch for beta13. But it might take me a while as I only have one test setup which is my production router/firewall and I will need to find a time window large enough to upgrade it to beta13 and develop the patch changes with out impacting its normal use.

lucho115

@atheling wrote:

@micampo wrote:

thanks

I received a message from Fulvio today indicating that his testing turned up an issue so he did not include my changes in beta13. As time allows I will come up with a version of the patch for beta13. But it might take me a while as I only have one test setup which is my production router/firewall and I will need to find a time window large enough to upgrade it to beta13 and develop the patch changes with out impacting its normal use.

So the beta 13 have not the atheling patch? So loadbalancing will not posible in beta 13? because i understand that this patch is for do a correct load balance, or am i wrong?
    thnks and sorry about my english

atheling

@lucho115 wrote:

So the beta 13 have not the atheling patch? So loadbalancing will not posible in beta 13? because i understand that this patch is for do a correct load balance, or am i wrong?

I just pulled down beta 13 and, if I am seeing things correctly, the load balance/QoS files are identical between beta 12 and beta 13. For this reason, the patch should be able to be applied onto beta 13. I will probably be doing that myself next weekend when I can take my firewall/router offline.

lucho115

@atheling wrote:

@lucho115 wrote:

I just pulled down beta 13 and, if I am seeing things correctly, the load balance/QoS files are identical between beta 12 and beta 13. For this reason, the patch should be able to be applied onto beta 13. I will probably be doing that myself next weekend when I can take my firewall/router offline.

ok, but so am i rigth i that the default beta13 have problems with loadbalance if i dnot apply the patch? what are these problems?
    thks and sorry about my english

RDelpopolo

I’ve the same problem.
    Can you attach it here in the forum?

Thank you 🙂

/edit
    Solved!
    I had to ignore white spaces.
    So the command to be run is:
    patch -lp0 < Zeroshell.patch

atheling

micampo

the patch is to correct it when working problems on the same server load balancing with QOS, for more information see:

http://gcunir.educvirtual.org/UsingZeroShellasaNetBalancerByJoseMenendez.pdf

I have not used the patch, I’ve done is to set up two servers, one as a load balancer and the other in bridge and QOS

bye

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.