Proxy creating issues on some websites

Home Page Forums Network Management Transparent Proxy Proxy creating issues on some websites

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  alpha_wall 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alpha_wall

I have a few websites where I can’t connect when I am behind the zeroshell firewall

One of the if Norton 360 update site. When I add the PC IP to bypass then I can download but not when it is enabled.

Another where I have the issue is HDtracks when load their java applicaiton for downloads I get the error message could not connect to the site ( I added the PC to the exclude list and did whitelist the domain and IP address. Any other suggestions would be welcome)

I tried different PC’s and when They are not behind the wall it works great.

Any troubleshooting hints would be welcome

JC

if you use the blacklist/whitelist feature, and did */* in blacklist you will need to allow each url it connects to i had a lot of problems w/ sites like wikipedia not loading parts of pages and images, i think the better way to go about it is to use the Dansguardian addon which will block sites by a score of inappropriate words and content it can be modified thru the shell. as well ensure you are not blocking downloads thru L7 protocols, i have many of the L7 filters enabled at work and i get “complaints” that they cant dl this or that [and i smile] but things like adobe and windows update still run thru same w/ kaspersky that i use for an av/firewall on the pcs.
    hope this helps. more info may give better answers 🙂

markcooper

The term proxy site is generally used to describe sites that allow you to surf anonymously.It is in general just another way to connect to the internet. You pass through a proxy first which can either allow you to bypass filtering, be a content filter itself, or hide your IP (more or less).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.