Proxy Blacklists and IP management

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Proxy Blacklists and IP management

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  orallo 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

orallo

Hi All,

I have ZS setup as discussed in other posts, thanks to all that helped along the way! I will be working on a writeup to document the whole process that I will send to Fulvio for posting on the website.

A new question has arrised, we have a list of blocked sites on the blacklist of the http proxy. The list came from management (and as usual they are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer…) and the list has sites on it like facebook.com.

The only problem is that we have a person on staff who’s only job is to maintain and monitor the company’s facebook page… Beautiful, uh?

Is there a way that I can un-blacklist some ip addresses or somehow let them through without disabling the black list for everyone??

And furthermore can I unblacklist a single IP from facebook but nor from the rest of the list??

I tried ading a rule to de firewall forwarding the IP to (one of) facebooks IPs but that didnt help.

Anyway, any and all help will be appreciated
    Thanks,
    -Orallo

ppalias

Create a “Not Capture” rule describing the specific user, e.g source interface, source IP.

orallo

Create a “Not Capture” rule describing the specific user, e.g source interface, source IP.

Woulndt that unblock ALL the sites on the black list?

is it not posible to open just one site for one user?

I know its stupid, but that’s what I’ve been told to do…

Thanks again

ppalias

No I am afraid that you have to either block all blacklisted sites or none. Otherwise you’ll have to install another web proxy with wider configuration options, such as squid.

orallo

Hi Again ppalias,

I’ve installed the dansguardian patch listed on the zeroshell site and its up and running. I’ve got the blacklist running and the content aware stuff is working too.

But I havent found anywhere any documentation on how to allow a single IP to access a particular site…

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks in advance,
    -Orallo

orallo

Ok, I found the solution to my own problem so if someone finds himself on a similar problem there is some documentation here to help them out.

It was right in front of my nose the whole time…

using dansguardian groups, you can create several filters for different groups.

What I ended up doing was putting all the banned sites in ONE bannedsites file and creating different exceptionsitelist files (exceptionsitelistf1, exceptionsitelistf2… you can have upto 99 filters) for each site or group of sites that are allowed for a particular user or user group.

Then simply add each user to a filter on the filtergroup list and you are DONE!

By default all users go to exceptionsitelist (which can be empty and therefore the bannedsitelist applies in full force) and only those users lucky enough to get access granted to sites on the bannedsitelist get the filter2 or filter3… applied to them.

Hope this helps someone,
    Best regards to all,
    Orallo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.