Problems loading ZS on thin client – HELP PLEASE!!!!

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Problems loading ZS on thin client – HELP PLEASE!!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  marabunta 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

marabunta

I am having problems installing ZS on a Maxterm thinclient pc … 800Mhz VIA CPU 512MB RAM 2Gb CF. I downloaded the Image file burned it to a USB flash drive and I also burned it to a 2GB CF.

According to the ZS hardware requirements Zeroshell works on x86 and x86_64 box with at least a Pentium 233MHz, 96MB RAM, an ATA CDROM reader or an ATA Compact Flash.

I booted a Dell notebook with the USB flash drive to ensure that the image was fine and have no problems .. all services loaded without errors.

I booted the Thinclient with the same USB flash drive and it failed with a kernel panic.

I booted the Thinclient with the CF and it booted to the ZS menu but along the way several services failed to load namely LDAP, APACHE and DNS. I cannot access the admin portal but I can ping the computer.

Can someone please provide me with some tips on how to debug this .. where is the startup logs stored???

Any help would be greatly appreciated .. been trying to get this working for several days … man it is frustrating.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.