Problem with bridge + qos and virtual servers…

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Problem with bridge + qos and virtual servers…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  thewolf 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

thewolf

Hello again,

I think I might have found a bug, its definitely a problem at least and I haven’t been able to solve it on my own….

Basically, after I enabled the bridge like how it says in the QoS guide, I have to add BRIDGE00 to NAT for my internet connection to work again. Now for the problem, after I do that all forwarded packets will appear to come from the firewall box according to my services.

I’m wondering if there is something I’m doing wrong, or if there is a simple solution to this problem.

Thanks again 😀

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I am not able to understand your setup because I have not enough details about it. In any case, if your system has only 2 bridged interfaces makes no sense to enable the NAT because the bridge forwards layer 2 packets which do not depend on the IP addresses.

Regards
    Fulvio

thewolf

Its a basic 1 wan / 1 lan setup. I followed instructions from http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/qos/ to setup the QoS. But after I did, my internet connection no longer worked from the lan side, and the only thing that made it work again was adding a Nat entry for the bridge.

Maybe I missed something else I was suppost to do?

Thanks again 😀

hectare

since you have 1wan and 1lan system , you don’t need to use bridge.
    Try use normal setup of zeroshell where eth00 is for lan and eth01 is for wan/dsl/pppoe etc.

You can easily do qos on normal setup , where eth00 will became outgoing interface for packets coming from wan/internet to lan , here you can apply qos and limit the bandwidth. The eth01/ppp will be outgoing interface for traffic coming from lan to wan/internet , and you can apply the qao here also.

You need to substitute eth01 with ppp0 if you use ppp/pppoe , then you don’t need to apply qos on eth01 only on ppp0.
    The mechanism for creating class and classifying the traffic is same as described in qos article.

regards
    hectare

Bridge can be extremly useful , if you have another router or server which is either incapable of doing qos or runs a cache server(which makes little difficult to do a qos). Bridge has other uses also.

bozo

Awesome product, loving ver 1.0.beta7.
    Im also unable to follow guide without loosing connection re:- Creating a bridge.
    Have enabled NAT. But by the sounds of earlier post once i get bridge up i should turn this off right?
    Im running on live environment and have limited physical access to the box.
    Can i add both interfaces at the same time?

Hello everyone

: )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.