Problem Importing X.509 CA Key file

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Problem Importing X.509 CA Key file

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ovanzandwijk 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ovanzandwijk

Hi All,

I have a problem importing the self generated PEM CA key on the Setup tab of the X.509 CA interface. I used the script CA.pl from the OpenSSL distribution (windows build) without any changes. I used the manual on the following webpage: http://www.ipsec-howto.org/x595.html.

As I want to use the self generated CA for my Exchange Server certificates and for my ZeroShell implementation, I wanted to import the CA on the mentioned page.

However, I get a “ERROR: not valid Key source file” as a response. The certificate itself seems to import just fine, or it is not read at all. I don’t know.

I would like to know the requirements for the key source file so that I can upload a valid one. I rather not generate the CA cert from ZeroShell and use that for my Exchange certificate. This might be a workaround, but I would really like to be able to import the CA.

Thanks.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The certificate and the private key have to be in base64 format (generally files with .pem extension) to be correctly imported in Zeroshell.

Regards
    Fulvio

ovanzandwijk

The problem was that there was a passphrase on the key file. Using the mentioned scripts I was forced add a passphase of at least 4 characters. I solved it by executing the following command:

openssl rsa -in cakey.pem -out cakey_nopass.pem

And uploading the new cakey_nopass.pem file without the passphrase.

Regards,
    Olaf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.