Possible Bug: Timezone setting not being saved

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Possible Bug: Timezone setting not being saved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  greyman 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

greyman

During some rewiring in my network closet I noticed that after a reboot or power cycle that my zeroshell system was not maintaining its Timezone setting.

The funny thing is that it defaults to CET and I am in CST.

-Ron

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I have just tested it now ant it works fine on my system.
    Did anyone else have the same problems with the time settings too?

greyman

Just checked to see what was written to the filesystem on mine and at the moment it has the correct one. Where would I look to see what is written to the CF that would survive a shutdown or reboot when it comes back up.

TIA

brian360

I can confirm I am also having the same problem.

ZeroShell is configured for “US/Pacific”, and the hw clock is set to UTC. When I reboot with these settings and bring up the Time Settings page, it still shows my selected time zone as US/Pacific, but the System Time display will report the time as being in “CET” (with an obviously incorrect time).

Thanks,
    Brian

imported_fulvio
    Participant

It is a bug that I introduced when I created the ISO images.
    In the livecd and compactflash the file /etc/localtime is stored in RAMDISK. Hence, any change is lost after the reboot.
    The fix will be available in the next release.

Regards
    Fulvio

imported_fulvio
    Participant

This bug is been fixed in the release 1.0.beta4

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.