please help me to set up zeroshell ip address’s etc

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell please help me to set up zeroshell ip address’s etc

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dingaling 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dingaling

Hi, first of all excellent software! but if only i could configure it properly.

Here is my setup.

I have my dlink adsl router which gives out 10.1.1.x IP’s to all computers. But i have turned the dhcp off. so all computers are static IP’s. The subnet is 255.0.0.0

So now i have a zeroshell installed on an old celeron box with 2 NICs.

I have successfully changed the IP address on one NIC (eth00) so i can log in to the webinterface without having to change the client computers IP settings to the 192.168.x.x style. (to log into the zeroshell box)

Now all i would like to do is have zero shell do QOS on VOIP and ventrillo so when someone is downloading they wont cause problems for those who use VOIP/ventrillo. (need to guarantee bandwidth to them?)

How can i do this? I get confused with setting the IP’s for a start, i thought i would have to set the IP’s of the NICS to be in the 10.x.x.x range so that Eth00 could talk to my modem/router and the other (Eth01) to talk to all my other computers thru a 10/100 switch, since all computers are all set in 10.1.1.x style.

But i get error saying the 10.1.1.x overlaps 10.0.0.0/8
    I know this is a simple problem on my part but i need abit of assistance.

And if i could just get advice on how to make sure ventrillo and VOIP get high priority and guaranteed bandwidth.

Regards.

THANX VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE

imported_fulvio
    Participant

In your case, a quick solution is to configure Zeroshell to bridge the interface ETH00 and ETH01. So your ADSL router will be the default gateway for the clients (Zeroshell included) and the BRIDGE00 interface will have an IP of your subnet. To make the bridge use the console menu. For greater details, read the QoS document http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/qos/

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.