PEAP working great, exept for iphone, xbox, etc.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell PEAP working great, exept for iphone, xbox, etc.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  madmax 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

madmax

First a thank you…. This router software has saved me from a lot of head ache. I had a server set up with a captive portal, freeradius, webmin, etc. on a debian box, which worked great, but it was not easy for me to show a non-linux, non-admin how to configure, update, change, etc. This is a very nice, easy to set up and use, router solution.

I have gotten the captive portal working, and I am now migrating to PEAP. I don’t want to mess with certificates for each client, so this will work for me. In testing on one of my AP’s, I am able to connect with Mac, Linux, and Windows clients… 😀

I wish to be able to allow X-Box, PS3, Wii, Iphone, etc onto the network as well. With the captive portal, I assigned them a static IP via DHCP, and allowed them to pass thru the portal.

These devices do not seem to support PEAP authentication. I am wondering if MAC authentication will work for me, or is there another solution?

madmax

I figured out that I-phone will connect with WPA2, I was able to enter the user name and password, import the certificate, and connect fine… 🙂

I still need help with X-Box, PS3, etc. The campground that I am supporting is for seasonal guests that stay through the summer. These devices all connect via WiFi.

ppalias

PS3 also supports WPA2 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.