Paypal access through captive portal?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Paypal access through captive portal?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lopaka 9 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

lopaka

Is there any way to let users access specific sites BEFORE a username and passwd are created for them?

For example – they can connect to paypal to send small fee, then have a password IM’ed or emailed to them. They would need some connectivity to do this before account is created.

lopaka

saadakhtar

as far as i know that is called the wall garden option but dont know how to create and remove users without manual input.

lopaka

What about a paypal clickthrough on the captive portal, then autogenerate time limited login & pass once funds are transfered?

saadakhtar

i have not tried this feature but i am pretty sure if you search for session accounting you should be able to find some txt but other than that i really wouldnt know where to refer u.

ncat987

I am also interested in this, i am / have been looking for a good captive portal and all the ones i have tried have some kind of flaw or dont work for an ip range i am looking for. I am wanting to use a class B subnet and have a wide range of ip addresses for my hotspots and subscribers, the reason being it would make it harder for the end users to be compromised by someone with less than perfect intents to hack their pc. as an example, i would have an ip range from 172.86.0.0 to 172.86.255.255 for self sign up users and 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 for customers with a 6 month contract. Would it also be to something like paypal wifi-1.1.1 prepaid, http://sourceforge.net/projects/wifipaypal/ , to the captive portal interface page. this is a relatively easy thing to use, but i ran into problems with the linux distro’s i had tried, not related to this software.

just a thought though

rochajoel

Maybe in the “Free Authorized Services” you can introduce the Paypal IP.

Never tested it! 😳

lopaka

Thats a good idea, I’ll give it a try!

webwarrior

The accounting module should be up and running first, then the walled garden affect should be build into the code that does the redirect to the captive portal, and should allow for at least 5 urls to be entered.

To email a username, that was chosen on one of the custom wep pages, can be done easily, and when the submit button is clicked, an entry can be written into the database, and the account enabled for login.

Just a few smart lines of code, and 2 extra web pages, and we are there.
    I have worked out a simple way to have an accounting module for hotels, that will keep any specific account active for 24 hours, and then disable that account. It requires for the zeroshell server to be restarted every morning early.

We can make it work. I just need some sample code on how to write to the database.

lopaka

Sounds great! Once you get what you need, let us know when it’s ready to testdrive 😉

lopaka

Any progress on this?

webwarrior

@lopaka wrote:

Any progress on this?

The “accounting module should be up and running first, then the walled garden” idea seemed to have died away.

Is this anywhere in the list of requested features?

This will take zeroshell to a professional WISP level.

Anonymous

DELETED

webwarrior

You should redirect the success page option, to a page where they are then added to the logged through an automatic Java Script script, and then they will have access to the internet for a specified period of time. You can use a generic username and password for the day of the month (gives you 31 different accounts), which you embed in the Java Script login for that day.

PayPal has a success page redirect option. This might be the easiest way. You can make a copy of the login page, one for each day of the month, with hidden credentials, and an autonomic form submit script, which will give them access to the internet straight away.

The users will only be able to access this page, when they have successfully paid for the service.

Hope this helps.

@juanilata wrote:

How to get data back to your website from paypal after checkout? Hi, I’m designing a Paypal checkout page. What I want to know is, let say a customer singnup for an account and he wants to pay the money, it will take it to the paypal checkout page. but after checkout, how do i know if that specific person paid or not. I want to know if there is any way I can get a confirmaton from paypal to my website back so I can confirm his payment and give him access automatically.

webwarrior

This should be achievable, right?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.