OSX L2TP

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  greyman 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

greyman

I am looking to see if anyone has been able to successfully make a L2TP connection to a zeroshell system using OSX 10.4 or later. I have the certificate installed for the zeroshell server the machine authentication and for user authentication I have kerberos selected. Below is a log snippit of what I see from my OSX machine:

Fri Jan 5 08:04:49 2007 : L2TP connecting to server ‘myzeroshell.dyndns.org’ (xx.xx.xx.xx)…
    Fri Jan 5 08:05:52 2007 : L2TP cannot connect to the server
    Fri Jan 5 08:05:52 2007 : L2TP cannot connect to the server

on the zeroshell server I have gone ahead and enabled the SSHD service for now to assist with a little more debugging. Problem is concerning L2TP I am not sure where to start looking.

TIA

P.S. anyone know of a good L2TP client to use with Ubuntu

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I don’t know how Mac OS X’s L2TP/IPSec client works, but in any case Zeroshell uses Ms-CHAPv2 to authenticate the l2tp tunnel instead of using directly Kerberos. The usernames and the passwords for the Ms-CHAPv2 protocol are the same ones stored in the Kerberos KDC.
    That is because the L2TP/IPSec client of Windows XP is not able to authenticate directly with Kerberos but uses RADIUS+MS-CHAPv2.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.