OpenVPN Version

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell OpenVPN Version

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  StevenJohns 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

StevenJohns

Fluvio,

Any chance that you could update the version of OpenVPN??

The version on the current release of zeroshell is
    OpenVPN 2.0.5 i686-pc-linux [SSL] [LZO] built on Nov 7 2005

however the current production version is 2.09 and the RC version of 2.1 is Version 2.1_rc4

Both of these versions have several ned w features and multiple bug fixes.

Cheers

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I hope to update the OpenVPN with the latest release in the 1.0.beta5 of ZeroShell that will be available this week. In any case the 1.0.beta6 that will be ready for the download in September will contain a new OpenVPN release. Zeroshell will use OpenVPN not only for lan-to-lan VPN, but for Road Warrior host-to-site VPN too. At moment host-to-lan VPN is only possible by using L2tp/IPSec protocols that is not so easy to configure in Windows XP and Linux.

Fulvio

StevenJohns

Cool,

Cheers

eclectice

Greetings, Mr. F. Ricciardi,

Could you please introduce the “port-share” support for OpenVPN when OpenVPN 2.1 turns gold? Right now, it is still in beta RC4.

This is because I set my router to port-forward internal OpenVPN port 1994 to the external port 443 port (HTTPS) to allow users who are working behind restrictive firewall at other places to be able to communicate to OpenVPN service located on my server on the other side of internet without any problem but at the same time, it allows users to access normal secure web site (like your zeroshell secure web interface) that also resides on the same server?

I know it is possible to type-in the OpenVPN command line facility available in zeroshell VPN web module interface. But, last time when I try to type some VPN commands with quotes (“some VPN commands”), the quoted contents dissapear after the save. I don’t know whether they are really saved or not or it is really a bug.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.