OpenVPN – Host to LAN

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell OpenVPN – Host to LAN

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gbigras 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gbigras

Is it possible to setup the ZS OpenVPN client IP assignment as static ? I’ve tried using the –persist-local option on the client side but sometimes the IP address will change. It would be nice if I could set the IP address assignment on the server (ZS box) side of things that way clients login in would ALWAYS get the same IP.

thanks
    Guy

ppalias

gbigras

Thanks.
    But how would I do it in Zeroshell ? It’s not a standard openvpn install.

I’ve added this to the ZS Openvpn command line parameters (via GUI):

–client-config-dir ./ccd

Then went to /DB/_DB.001/var/register/system/openvpn and created a ccd directory. I then created a file that matches it CN of a specific client (ie:patient) in the ccd directory. Added this line to the file:

ifconfig-push

no go.
    thanks again
    Guy

bhumin

same requirement for me.

please help with OpenVPN static IP. as i have one MYSQL server behind ZS. and using my application with Openvpn. first my clients connect from WAN side to Openvpn and then they use MYSQL.
    ( MYSQL server is also connected as client to Openvpn )
    now i want static IP only for MYSQL server.
    how can i do this in ZS. or is there any other way plz help..

thanks

ppalias

I’d suggest entering the full path instead of ./ccd
    You need to add the full CN instead of just patient, e.g patient.hospital.com

gbigras

Will give it a try.
    Thanks ppalias.

bhumin

i did it. n its working like charm …

created CCD folder in /DB/_DB.001/var/register/system/openvpn/ccd , create a file “USER ID” then add a line in to that file ” ifconfig-push xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.0 “
    and just put a line in ZS vpn Command Line Parameters ” –client-config-dir /DB/_DB.001/var/register/system/openvpn/ccd ” …. thats all.

thank u all..

sorry 4 my english

gbigras

Worked for me too.
    Did as bhumin stated. Works great.

Thing to remember:
    1. the full or complete path to the ccd directory (see bhumin’s post)
    2. the file name has to be the same as the client’s CN. This can be determined in the X.509 CA section, selecting a user and clicking on manage. The user’s CN is at the top.

Thanks 8)

Guy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.