OpenVPN disable Comp-LZO

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell OpenVPN disable Comp-LZO

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ppalias 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ppalias

Hello!
    I need to disable the Comp-LZO option on my openvpn server running on a ZS beta11. I have a client that doesn’t support it, so it needs to be disabled globally or for the specific one. Any ideas how can it be done? I haven’t found any option to remove this functionality, it is added by default.

ppalias

Anyone?

vadimka

It seems it cannot be done. Openvpn is compiled with this option, so you will have to re-compile OpenVpn without LZO , and integrate it into zeroshell. It might work like this, but i don’t know if it is possible.

zevlag

Just for reference, what client are you using that doesn’t support LZO Compression?

ppalias

vadimka:
    It doesn’t matter if OpenVPN is compiled with LZO. It can be disabled with the option

--comp-lzo no

. However the script that runs OpenVPN adds it by default. I am afraid that adding it on the command line parameters will conflict and wonder if there is a way to change the startup script.

zevlag:
    Nabilosat Darkstar 2 with OpenVPN for DM500 (due to limited flash space)

zevlag

Ok, here’s the process for you:

1. At a shell as root# mkdir /Database/patches
    2. # vi /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch
    3. Paste the large block of code below in to the patch file. Save. Quit.
    4. In webinterface, setup menu, startup/cron tab, in the preboot script put:

/usr/bin/patch -p0 -d /root < /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch
    --- kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start	2009-05-26 18:01:00.000000000 +0200
    +++ kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start.new 2009-07-22 08:24:44.000000000 +0200
    @@ -70,5 +70,5 @@
    fi
    fi
    MGT=34099
    - bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L --comp-lzo $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER' --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"
    + bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER' --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"
    fi

ppalias

The patch didn’t seem to work.

root@zeroshell patches> /usr/bin/patch -p0 -d /root/ < /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch
    patching file kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 70.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start.rej

However now that I found where the script is, I altered the original vpn_start script and removed the –comp-lzo parameter and it works like a charm.

zevlag

Are you on beta 11 or 12? This patch is for beta 12. It could also be due to copy and paste in this forum.

ppalias

b12
    I am not sure if the fault is on the forum. However the job is done.

ppalias

Here is a script that worked for me:

73c73
    < bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L --comp-lzo $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER' --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"
    ---
    > bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER' --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"

This one goes to /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch and is meant for ZSbeta12.

push

This option is needed in the gui …

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.