OpenVPN client built into Grandstream GXV3140

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN OpenVPN client built into Grandstream GXV3140

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lip 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lip

OpenVPN on the Grandstream GXV3140 phone
    has a very basic interface which just asks for
    OpenVPN server address and port, and 3 files:
    1. OpenVPN CA (CA.crt)
    2. OpenVPN Client Certificate (*.crt)
    3. OpenVPN Client Key file (*.key)

All the tutorials I saw for zeroshell seem to mention only CA + password. That is not an option on this phone, so is there an easy way to get these 3 files (and in the correct format/name/extension)?
    [/img]

lip

Can anyone help me find / generate these files?
    Want to connect my phone which has OpenVPN built in, to Zeroshell, and the interface requires these.

CA.crt OpenVPN CA(CA.crt)
    *.crt Client Certificate
    *.key Client Key

Thanks in advance for any assistance, it seems straightforward but I haven’t seen an example using all three and, while most example use the CA I’m not sure about the format because the phone asks for .crt (vs .pem etc that ZS generates), maybe I just rename it? If so, where do the other 2 come from?

redfive
    Participant

I use my phone ( samsung omnia with windows mobile 6.1 OS) to connect , via vpn , to my private lan . I assume that you have already downloaded the CA.pem certificate , then you have to generate a client certificate in hosts>>add , and then export the new certificate with the private key( .pem format ) . In vpn config. page , Authentication ,select X.509Ca or X.509Ca+ Password . now you have to put the two certificate in the same directory of the vpn program in your phone .here the config that I use :

remote myremote.dyndns.org 1194
    proto tcp
    auth-user-pass
    ca "\Programmi\OpenVPN\config\CAredfive.pem"
    cert "\Programmi\OpenVPN\config\myphone.redfive.lan.pem"
    key "\Programmi\OpenVPN\config\myphone.redfive.lan.pem"
    comp-lzo
    verb 3
    mute 20
    resolv-retry infinite
    nobind
    client
    dev tap
    persist-key
    persist-tun
    auth-nocache
    script-security 3
    ;route-method exe
    route-delay 2

is important to specify the full path for the ca , cert , and key . the cert client and the key are the “same”.
    hope this help U
    bye
    jonatha

redfive
    Participant

Hi John , I edited the the openvpn config. on a laptop , and then connected the phone to pc and downloaded the file , still works…
    cheers
    jonatha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.